Thought that I would include a simple guide that most of you are not really familiar with. After you have completed your Flippa auction or selling it at any other places among the most important thing is how to transfer your domain to your buyer.
Now there are practically 2 ways:
1) Transfer between account at the same registrar. You can simple ask your user to give the details at the same registrar to push the domain to their account or if they don’t have an account their just request for them to create a new account. alternatively you may want to create it for them as part of your after sales support. Take note that pushing domain between accounts of the same registrar is instant.
2) Transfer between different registrar. Now this process may take between a few hours to a couple of days depending on your registrar.
Note: Registrar A (the registrar where the domain is currently at) and Registrar B (the new registrar you want to transfer the domain to). There are several reasons that you may want to transfer the domain but usually its because you want to keep all of your domains at the same place.You may also transfer just to benefit the lower renewal fees. This is because when you transfer your domain to another registrar you will have to pay a cheaper transfer fee that will also include a year renewal domain expiry date. I recently acquired a new domain called “W Logo.com”.You may want to take note of this domain which I am going to develop pretty soon.
Now the following are the steps required to transfer the domain to another registrar where in this case I am using Name.com. Personally I keep most of my domains at Name.com as the user panel is among the simplest, fastest and
easiest to use. Compare that to lets say Go daddy, I will be wasting my time to finish a simple procedure due to the heavy interface and countless off promotion asking you to buy even more.
1) Buy the domain or website. Ask the seller to first Unlock the domain and send to you the Authority code for the domain. The code will have to be requested from Registrar A.
2) Go to http://name.com/domain-transfer and input the domain and authcode. Refer to the image below.
3) Now this is the smart part. Simply said for every transfer or transaction, usually any business such as Domain Registrar, Web Hosting or even Theme website will provide promo or coupon code or vouchers from time to time. Even Flippa provides some credit codes from time to time. In Name.com, it is called a coupon code. In this case, just use Google.com Unfortunately, when I was transferring W logo.com, I coudn’t find any transfer coupon code. So I decided to use the FREE WHO IS code which will allow you to get a year of Free Who is privacy. Also there are several suggestions by Name.com if for say you want to buy any related domain.
4) So now all you need to do is to make the payment. I paid using Pay pal
and you will end up at this invoice.
5) So are we finished yet? Almost. Now you need the seller to forward to you the confirmation email from Registarar B in this case is Name.com. Registrar B will send the confirmation email to the administrative email at the domain’s who is. You will need to click on the confirmation link to verify that the transaction is valid. So that would be all, you will need a few hours and up to a max of 1 week for the domain to transfer. Take note that the seller can still put a stop to the transfer if they want so you only know that your domain is safe at your account once you get the email that the domain is at your account. Login to your account to verify the domain is there. And that is basically all you need to know about transferring a domain from Registrar A to Registrar B.
Until the next post, Cheerio.