Domain Deals on Flippa
I was going through some listings on Flippa and I noticed that there were
some pretty cool deals that you can grab for domain auctions. As Flippa is
mostly filled with people that focuses especially on websites, earnings and
revenues etc only, whenever a domain is listed whether its a premium or
normal domain, the listing gets the least attention.
While websites do tend to sell for more, domains is also an
intellectual property that shouldn’t be swept aside that easily. Some
top sales for domains includes:
1. Insure.com, sold to QuinStreet for $16 million in
2. Sex.com, sold for $12-$14 million in 2006.
3. Fund.com, sold for $9.99 million in 2008.
4. Porn.com, sold for $9.5 million in 2007.
5. Business.com, sold for $7.5 million in 1999.
6. Diamond.com, sold to Ice.com for $7.5 million in
7. Beer.com, sold for $7 million in 2004.
8. Israel.com, sold for $5.88 million in 2004.
9. Casino.com, sold for $5.5 million in 2003.
10. Toys.com, sold to Toys ‘R Us for $5.1 million in
In a recent sale of SEX.com according to a report from Techcrunch, the
domain took over as the most expensive sale.
Sex.com was sold for $13 million by Escom to Clover Holdings on 17
There are many domain sales ranging from 4 figures to 6 figures being sold
repeatedly each week. For further updates on sales, you may want to refer
to Domain Sales at DNjournal and also at Domain forums.
These are some examples of domain sales at Flippa.
Example, CTM.com can be flipped back instantly at other websites for twice